We believe that each and every student has a gift to share, and we work
hard to unlock their highest potential. We have high expectations of our students, and we have high expectations
of ourselves to help all the Genius school’s students learn and grow into well-rounded citizens and critical thinkers.
The Genius School aims to develop leadership skills, social and emotional skills, and academic skills to prepare
students for success not only in middle school but also in high school, career, relationships, and life-long learning.
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of this process.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations.
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning.
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the precision and nuances of written, visual, and aural medium through comprehension, interpretation, and evaluation.
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems; and Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness; and contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful school year. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know
that my door is always open. I can be reached at email@example.com also. I am honored to serve as your principal.